Monday, August 17, 2015

Week 1 PRESENCE - Day 1


Week 1 - Day 1:
Law 1: Seek the Truth

Law 2: Be Willing to Come Apart

Week 1 Theme: Presence This week will focus on presence and staying in the moment.   As I was reading the assignment for the week, I kept drifting off thinking of other things – so yes, it’s quite apparent I  need to work on this.  And Facebook . . .honestly, why did I ever sign up this past January?  I managed to stay away from that time sucker for all these years!  Although there are parts I do enjoy about FB, it’s all about not staying in the moment. A  quick FB status check leads to minutes, which then leads my spouse to say, “are you on facebook again?”  I need to focus!

Meditation: 2x daily for 5 min (morning and night)

Balancing Diet: Identify eating patterns and make small changes in your diet.  I love this, “let your cravings and habits give you up.” 

Yoga Practice: 20 min per day

Day 1 (Monday):

I’m super excited to start this program! 

Meditation:  I didn’t realize until late morning I failed on my first task.  I forgot to mediate this morning!  I tried to mediate at lunch, and wasn’t too successful.  I almost forgot again to meditate before bed. The 5 minutes seemed to last forever.  Will I ever get this meditation thing right?

Food: For breakfast I had what we call an, “avocado breakfast bowl.”  It’s wild rice mixed with tamari and spices (including curry) topped with tomatoes, avocado and almonds.  Complete yum! Dinner was not healthy – pizza and a glass of wine at our favorite pizza shop.  Small changes, right?

Yoga:  Tonight is my weekly yoga class at the gym with my favorite teacher, Ron.  Am I starting the week off as an overachiever as the class is an hour long, and I only need to practice yoga for 20 minutes?  Class was great – tough one today, and we tried some new poses. I have work to do!
Love this pose

No comments:

Post a Comment