Book: I’ve
purchased the 40 DAY TO PERSONAL REVOLTUION book from Amazon. This book provides the concepts for the
program.
Workbook: As
I’m embarking on this journal alone without any workshop or structured program
to guide me other than the book, I also purchased the 40 DAY TO PERSONAL
REVOLTUION WORKBOOK to help supplement the program.
Food: The
book doesn’t contain specific meal plans and recipes for “balance dieting. Just concepts. There’s an phone APP available for a small
fee which provides meal plans and recipes.
I opted out. Although I might not
always eat healthy – I definitely have that concept mastered and am not short
of meal ideas or recipes. Some of my
favorite recipes come from my favorite collection of healthy eating books:
- Clean Eats
- The Beauty Detox Solution
- PH Miracle
- The Kind Diet
- Crazy Sexy Diet
- Ani’s Raw Food Kitchen
Journal: I
think I have enough old notebooks, so no need to buy a new journal.
Yoga: The
programs calls for yoga practice 6 days a week. My plan is to follow the yoga
practice in the book, and supplement it with a yoga classes at the gym, and
Kimberly Snyders’s new yoga DVD. Love this new DVD and guidebook!
Minor Concerns:
- A few book reviews on Amazon indicate the program is difficult to follow on your own. After reviewing the material, I somewhat agree. The Workbook will help guide you as it contains the Weekly Theme & Readings, and also a Weekly Log. If your motivated, have the Book the Workbook – I think this should be the bare minimum requirements. Ideally, the perfect scenario is joining a structured program with a support group and weekly meetings.
- The book contains references to GOD and quotes from Jesus, Buddha, Ghandi and others. I’m spiritual and not religious. I’m OK if references are made to learn a concept and lesson, but hope they don’t come across as “preachy” and religious.
No comments:
Post a Comment