Tuesday, August 11, 2015

40 days of yoga, meditation and mindful eating

Who is Baron Baptiste? Author of 40 DAYS TO PERSONAL REVOLUTION. It turns out Baron Baptiste is a renown yoga teacher who is a son of two of America’s yoga pioneers. He began to study yoga at age 12. He is the head of Baptiste Institute, has 2 studios and inspires teachers and students at over 40 affiliated Baptiste Yoga studios globally. 

Ok, I’m ready to transform my body and mind  My local yoga studio was starting the 40 DAYS TO PERSONAL REVOLUTION program in October. Although I loved the idea of having the support of others and going to weekly meeting, I did not want to wait until October – I might lose my motivation. 

So, I decided I will do this program on my own. Starting August 17th I will:
  • Practice yoga daily – starting with 20 minutes and building up to 90. 90 minutes on a weekday is going to be difficult. 
  • Meditate twice a daily - starting with 5 minutes and building up to 30. What? I can’t sit still for 5 minutes.
  • Balancing dieting including a 3 day fruit cleanse -  eating whole foods, eliminating all process foods, sugar, caffeine and alcohol. Pizza and chips will be difficult to give up, coffee – Ok I think I can do that. No alcohol for 40 days . . .socially, that will be difficult.
  • Journaling  - maintain a journal of experiences, feelings and practices. Hmm...I haven't kept a journal since I was a kid.

Will I be successful? Will I finish? Will I follow it as prescribed? Will I really keep a journal?

No comments:

Post a Comment