Friday, August 14, 2015

DIY Chemical Free Eyeliner

I'm always on the outlook for healthy, natural and chemical free products.  I came across an article on how to make your own eyeliner.  Pretty cool, but it had too many ingredients to keep my short attention span.  Here is my simple version:
  • coconut oil
  • activated charcoal 
That's it!  I took a tablet of the charcoal and mixed it with the oil, until I liked the consistency.  I refilled my mixture in my old eyeliner container (which was very natural and yikes, quite expensive).  I even have extra to spare.

Now, it's not perfect.  Since coconut oil liquefies at warmer temperatures, it smears once I put it on. So, to overcome this, I put a little on, and dab it with a Q tip.  My next batch I'll start experimenting with other ingredients.  Overall, I am pretty happy with the results, and a little goes a long way.
Two simple ingredients


No comments:

Post a Comment